Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oh Frabjous Day!

Yesterday, I found an ingredient that I did not find in Bahrain ALL YEAR last year. That's right. It was my quest to find this product every time I went to the grocery store, but I was always shot down time and time again. Have you noticed how amazing dill relish is? Being an eater of only lean meats, I use dill relish to add some pizzaz to tuna salad, and it also spices up lunchtime sandwiches quite well. Last year, I was let down by the absence of this ingredient in my tuna salad. Not anymore! Yesterday I beat the system by going to a different grocery store to search for it. This particular grocery store, Alosra, is nearer to a lot of Western expats, and has tons of American products. Sure enough, I found dill relish! Woo-hoo. Trust me, as I was eating my sandwich today, it made me glad I had driven a few extra miles to search for dill relish. It makes me want to say "Oh frabjous day, kaloo kalay."

The only thing that could make me even happier right now is if Anderson Cooper's show aired during waking hours GMT.

No comments: