Monday, September 8, 2008

2+2+3

A few days ago, while I was still in my incoherent stage of sickness (right now I'm in my slightly functional stage), I borrowed the movie Stardust from my friend Jen. I was watching it before bedtime to wind down. Stardust is kind of what I would call a fantasy/fairytale type of movie. Close enough to science fiction that it has really exciting parts, along with really cute parts. But, during the exciting parts, I got extra excited because I was able to figure out what meter the background music is in. (Usually, I try to entertain myself by listening to the soprano line of the background music, then figure out what the actual pitches are.) But, I figured out that the meter was in 7/8 time, and it was grouped 2+2+3. It was almost a eurythmical experience!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, Alicia! This particular installment of your blog made me smile. I try to escape meter in movies...but fail. We are officially music nerds. I love you and I am glad you share about your life with us back home. Keep up the stories and I am glad you are feeling a little better.