This evening, I was at one of the many malls in Bahrain with my friend Jen. (Shopping, along with driving dangerously fast, is one of the nation's favorite past times!) Anyway, we were waiting for our Internet service provider to open their shop. It's Ramadan, so the hours are a little off. We decided to wait in the food court and get ourselves a snack. While we were sitting down, I noticed a peculiar sight. Two of the Indian food court workers were at a table with a child. This child was probably 2 or 3 years old, and had a pale complexion. (Here, I would say that that means the kid could have been Egyptian, Jordanian, or have one parent who is Western.) So, basically, this kiddo was lost! There was not a parent in sight that was looking at him. They forgot him! The poor guy!
The only thing is, he wasn't crying or screaming. He was just sitting there, as if this kind of thing were normal and happens all the time. That leads me to believe that it's not the first instance that the poor little kinder got left behind!
No comments:
Post a Comment