A month ago, I decided that some of my students deserved to know that I was not going to be coming back to Al Raja, because they would have had me next year as a teacher, and I wanted them to have the opportunity to say goodbye. Little did I know that class 6B had a huge surprise for me!
All of the girls walked into my room at recess one day, and they presented me with a guitar, signed by all of them! I was so overwhelmed at this act of kindness, that of course, I started to cry. Then, they started to cry too! During their class period later in the day, all of the boys in the class walked in with hand-written letters telling me goodbye, and that they would miss me. (Some of them even apologized for things they had done, and some of them asked me not to leave!) I will always remember Al Raja and my time in Bahrain, and now I will have a new hobby thanks to class 6B. Yes, this guitar trumped them all!
No comments:
Post a Comment