Who remembers the touching 80's TV show "Full House"?! I certainly do! I used to love to come home from school and watch the episodes. It was great! Recently, I feel as though I can relate to one of the characters, as I so often do. And that character would be: Danny Tanner, the single father of three (Bob Saget's character.) Remember how he used to walk around and clean everything all the time? It was almost as if he didn't have a job because he was cleaning so much.
Well, in case you didn't notice, I live in the desert. Unfortunately there's lots of sand and dust here. And you can imagine where I'm going next with this. I just feel like no matter what I do, there is always dust. It is completely inevitable that despite the good job I do cleaning, I will notice sand on my bedroom floor the next day! I've completely stopped opening my window, because I feel like the next minute, there's a pile of sand in front of it.
I know that when you do go overseas, you tend to miss things. And I am telling you right now that the things I miss the most are cleaning supplies. Yea, that's right. In true Danny-Tanner-style, I am right now missing two essential cleaning products: Tilex after shower spray, and swiffer floor products. You know the ones I'm talking about. There's the broomish-type thing, and you put on these amazing dust rags that pick up all the dust and there are wet ones too. I think it's probably silly to try and fit that in my baggage on the way back to Bahrain after coming back to the States over the summer, but I wouldn't dis-count as a possibility...
And that, my friends, is a little flashback to the 80s for you. Hope you enjoyed my Bob Saget references!
No comments:
Post a Comment