Friday, March 7, 2008

Crying

I really enjoy the fine art of crying. Crying is a tool that has aided me in all emotions: sadness being the obvious one, but also anger, frustration, and happiness of course! A good movie, great book, inspiring newspaper article, and of course, songs often aid my tear ducts in irrigating themselves. TV commercials and hallmark cards can do it as well. In fact, last year I used to cry every time this one Disney World commercial. It was a happy cry! After all, that is the happiest place on earth, right?!

For instance, I was just dying to cry at the end of my Sr. Year at Hope. I mean, so much was happening around me and I couldn't even muster out one single tear! Luckily, I had this huge catharsis in the middle of Prague after my final concert in the Hope College Symphonette. Actually, I started crying at the beginning of the concert! I couldn't help myself; Mrs. Dykstra was on the tour with us, and she was such an important part of my time at Hope. But I was also there with great friends who I had gone on many tours with and it was our final time together. That may have been my most amazing cry yet in my life!

Do you recall reading about one of my little kinder-friends who is always crying? Luckily, he has finally stopped during music time and can pretty much get through most of the time. However, grades KG-4 had a puppet show on Thursday, and I happened to notice the little guy crying again to the loud music. It's like, anything can set that boy off. One might think that he's just not socialized yet, but I know what's really going on. The kid is a true kindred spirit that actually enjoys the fine art of crying, just like me! ;)

No comments: