In case you didn't know, I am fond of the simple things in life. So you can imagine my utter glee when my parents sent a package with triple-blade disposable razors, protein bars, and...CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH!!! (The tiny, mini size that we used to eat at camp. Sigh. Camp!) I am definately saving that for a rainy day when I need some serious cinnamon flavor.
And also, I am victorious. (Super-hero theme music play here.) I have been on a quest to find frozen cranberries and pecans for a whole week so that I can make my Grandmother Pashby's cranberry salad for Thanksgiving. I have searched through many a grocery and even restaraunt supply stores. And yes, today I emerged from Al Jazeera Supermarket victorious, with cranberries AND pecans! Since I'm having two Thanksgiving celebrations and there are a considerable amount of people coming to both, I am QUADRUPLING the recipie! (70 US Dollars later...) Anyway, I know not many people would be so extatic about this, but I am going to be able to share the Pashby family signature Thanksgiving dish with tons of friends AND I get two Thanksgivings. Y'all should think about moving away and becoming expats. They really know how to celebrate over here!
No comments:
Post a Comment