Since my last post, a lot has happened. That tends to happen--each week I notice that the days go by quicker and quicker. To give you a recap: I was in my first ever car accident (I'm fine), the kinder started to go down the road towards good behavior, I went to Applebees here for the first time and was slightly weirded out, and all the Anglicans think that I'm still in school (as in HIGH school.)
But now, we must fast forward to today. I had to leave school to go to the bank and (FINALLY) pick up my bank card. This has taken a while because the banks are only open between 8am and 1pm. Some how, the people that work there have "full time" jobs. I don't know how that works, though. Basically, if you want to do any banking that can't be done online, you have to leave work. The main branch that we went to isn't open on the weekends, so we had to leave work again this week to actually pick up our cards.
Mission accomplished! I drove back, parked the car by our apartment, and walked back to school. As I was about to enter the school, I saw the most enormous cat I have ever seen here! It was huge! We're talking, the size of a fairly mature lion cub. I would NOT want to run into that cat in the middle of the night. It was menacingly meandering down the street, and I definitely slowed my pace until it was out of the way because I was a little freaked out.
You see, there are tons of cats in Bahrain. They are all street cats, and they are usually scrawny and appear as though they are relatives of rats. They live on trash, usually in the dumpsters, and so you can imagine my surprise when there was such a well-fed cat around our school. This week, it seems like every time I walk past a dumpster, a nasty cat jumps out. It's like those awful black squirrels at Hope College! I have since quickened my pace around dumpsters and am fondly remembering the days when there were no street cats.
No comments:
Post a Comment