This past week, I went to the opera twice, something that I haven't had the chance to do for two years! The opera and ballet schedule here is somewhat like Vienna; there is a different show every night. So, I've secured a copy of the list, and decided that every time there's something scheduled that's one I've always wanted to see, or one of my favorites, I'm going!! This time, I was watching some Verdi that has been on my list for a while: Aida and La Traviata.
Aida was on Wednesday, and that was a really long day for me because the primary school has two hour meetings at the end of the day on Wednesdays, and then to go to Aida was a little tiring. But, I am not complaining, that's for sure! La Traviata was also very nice, and it was even better I thought. The voices are good, though, and it is so refreshing to hear after none of this for two years!
What's even more refreshing is the price that I paid for an orchestra level seat! We paid about $15 for those seats. Those seats would have been well over $100 in any American city. It's amazing that the opera and ballet are so accessible to all of the people here. Rich or not, the opera is something that can be afforded AND appreciated by people my own age. PTL!
No comments:
Post a Comment