And now, for a post about the real March Madness. I've enjoyed watching basketball in the past, but have missed it while living in the Middle East. (Save for a basketball tournament with the seniors last year.) While I was growing up, we would always cheer for Louisville and Purdue because those are my dad's two grad schools. He is definitely serious about watching these games! Anyway, this school year, Spring Break just happened to fall so that I could see the Louisville vs. MSU game with only a few days left of school, and then watch the MSU games (somewhat grudgingly, since it's not my team) during Spring Break. Now, the reason it was so important to not have school is that we had to wake up in the wee hours of the morning to watch these games. MSU vs. UConn was at 1am, and the final championship game was at 4am...Yeah, we went out to breakfast after that one! At least I got to see MI and snow on television.
After this craziness, trust me, I did get out and have a real Spring Break. I went to the beach. But at least I felt like I was back in college (and in America) with the crazy waking up hours and the NCAA basketball.
1 comment:
Alicia,
I used to be in the Gilbert and Sullivan productions in Midland, and then when I was older I directed quite a few of them. Imagine my surprise to see you as in "Trial by Jury".
I went to U-Conn, so it was a no brainer that I would be happy whether MSU won or U-Conn!
I enjoyed reading about all your experiences. My middle niece was in the Peace Corps in Morocco. She ended up marrying a Moroccan, though they live here, now. Your blog reminds me of her letters.
Wendy
Post a Comment