I'm revealing the 2nd of 6 Arabic words that I know in this post. I know, I'd definately better start spreading them out, otherwise, I'll run out of words within the next two weeks! Al humdililah is Arabic for "praise God." People here use this phrase very often, even when they are talking about how they are. If you say "how are you", Al humdililah will almost always be a response, meaning "praise God, I'm good."
I have many reasons to praise God every day, but I said this phrase quite a lot on one day specifically this last week. Can you guess which one? It was November 5 at 7:15am GMT-3. That's right. It was when I found out that America finally decided to make an educated decision this time around. I was so excited! Praise the Lord. Maybe now I won't be such a Reluctant American...Al humdililah!
No comments:
Post a Comment