Sunday, August 24, 2008

Twin Connection

One week ago, I was in Grand Rapids MI with my twin, Stephanie, at a reunion with a bunch of folks who had all been on the Kenya trip in July 2006. I absolutely love these friends, and I have gotten Kenya under my skin. Hopefully, I will be able to go back someday! While we were in GR, we decided that since we were so close to Holland, we needed to stop by to see our twin friends.

Here we are with the Hoekstra twins. We first met them when we went on a mission trip to Brooklyn the summer after our Freshman year. Now the Hoekstras are going into 5th grade, and Stephanie and I are "real adults". Eeek! It was so great to see the twins and remember what it was like growing up together.

Now that I'm back in Bahrain, I'm missing Steffi a lot. And something weird has been happening. (Hear "Twilight Zone" theme right now) We've been getting the same song stuck in our heads from the movie "Wall-e". As soon as the theme gets into my head, I think of Stephanie and then either cry, or get really close to crying. And, after reading my email today, I see that the same EXACT thing is happening to Steffi too. Weird! Now THAT is a twin connection for you!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ali, I take it from this message that you got internet back okay. How's the AC looking from your room now? I love you sooooo much! Love, Steffi