Saturday, May 10, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

I'm a fan of certain guilty pleasures. For instance, listening to Kelly Clarkson, getting a Starbucks frappachino (which are $5 over here), and finding Dr. Pepper (they have real, American-style tabs on them!). Recently, however, I've adopted one more guilty pleasure. When my dad reads this, he will be annoyed, my mom will roll her eyes, and Miriam and Emily will say "told you so."

They play lots of re-runs here, and I have started to watch re-runs of....that's right, "The Bold and the Beautiful." It's probably the most guilty pleasure I'll ever have in my life! It's just, I get so caught up in the character's lives that I start telling them what to do, even though they are just fictional! Plus, it's only 30 minutes over here, and everything "inappropriate" is taken out, so I feel like I'm not wasting too much of my time. It's the perfect way to start siesta time in the afternoon. It's just one thing that I don't mind doing to unwind and relax. This was a long time coming and it took years of effort on Miriam and Emily's part to convince me to start watching soaps. Yes, I have turned to the dark side!

No comments: