Disclaimer: This post doesn't have anything to do with Bahrain.
I dedicate the following entry to Miriam Justine Lee, Emily Walsh, and Carol Beth Litkhoui. PS, sorry CB, if I can't spell your new name right yet!!
Well, these three dear college friends (mentioned above) happened to love the tv show Gilmore Girls. Especially Miriam. I used to watch, but often did not watch a lot of the episodes because, well, I couldn't stand sitting through the commercials and often had other things that I had to accomplish. But for the record, I did like Gilmore Girls, and these lovely ladies sometimes even taped it for me.
Jenn, one of the RCA 8th grade teachers here, was given a beautiful gift for Christmas. It was the entire set of Gilmore Girls! ALL 7 seasons on DVD! Well, I have borrowed Season 7 and thoroughly enjoyed watching all but 5 of the episodes. (Yes, mother, a lot of wasted time in front of the tv.) It does remind me of the good times in Voorhees and Brownstone. Tear/sniff! I have found that without the commercials in-between and the excruciating week-long wait between episodes, Gilmore Girls is even better than it used to be!!! I almost feel emotionally attached to the characters, like I know them personally as my friends. In fact, I have had several conversations with Jenn AND Amy about season 7 that may have lasted longer than 5 minutes each. I just wish I could have jumped into some of the episodes and talked some sense into Lorelai...I definately consider myself to be more of a Rory than a Lorelai.
And, this next part is bound to make almost any Gilmore Girls fan mad, but we're all entitled to our opinion, right?! Lorelai Gilmore is so extremely high-maintenance! She is stupid for 1. rushing Luke to marry her, which obviously doesn't happen, 2.marrying Christopher so fast after that, and 3.divorcing Christopher after THAT. Seriously, Chris is a good guy! Plus, they have a kid together. That has to count for something, right?! Anyway, no true Gilmore Girls fan is actually a fan of Chris...except for Jenn and I!!!! That's right, I found another fan who thinks the same thing about Christopher as me. And, she's probably the only one besides me. I knew Jenn was a true bosom friend. ;)
Yes, to everyone else, this post was about a tv show...it's Gimore-ific!
2 comments:
I almost feel proud of you...until you started with that business about Christopher. I won't even justify that with a comment. But for the record, I'm glad that you have jumped on the band wagon and can now understand how I can have hour long conversations about the show and feel like it is real life.
This is a very late post, but I'm trying to catch up on your life. I love that you dedicated entry to us. I cried when Gilmore Girls ended. I felt I could really relate as well.
Love you!
Post a Comment