- TACO BELL!!!!!! There was a Taco Bell in the food court at the Dubai Mall, where I was playing my oboe. I know that you might think it's stupid to get so worked up over this particular tex-mex restaurant, but I haven't been to a Taco Bell in two years, since college!!! Having that taste of a taco really made my day, or even my entire week.
- OUTLET MALL!!! Over here in the Middle East, brands like the Gap are three times as expensive in the USA. So, that "shopping therapy" that I developed during student teaching ($5 sale racks at the Gap, etc.) doesn't happen here. Lucky for me, there is an outlet mall in Dubai. While the outlet stores were still over-priced, I was able to find a few things and have my time of "shopping therapy."
- TWIGHLIGHT!!!! I got hooked on the Twighlight book series this year after tons of the students at school were reading them. I thought I would hate these books, but actually I loved them. If you start reading them, they become like a drug; you cannot put the books down. I read all four books in two weeks. So, I was excited to hear that the first book, Twighlight, was made into a movie. Unfortunately, that movie hasn't been released in Bahrain yet. Luckily, it was playing in Dubai!!! So, of course, I dragged my musician friends to the vampire movie and got them hooked on it too.
Well, there you have it. I did lots of other things in Dubai too, and will have to write another post. But, these three simple things really made my day and made me so happy to be in Dubai!
No comments:
Post a Comment