Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Welcome to Hollywood!

Welcome to Hollywood! Everyone has a dream, what's your dream? (Name that movie...)

I'm in Hollywood with Stephanie, my twin and soulmate. Earlier this year I got a cute new haircut with bangs, and this past month, my bangs have been growing in front of my eyes, so I told my sister that we'd best be getting haircuts before we see our grandma in CO. We thought it would be a really nice relaxing time to go and get our hair cuts together when I got here. So, since we are both on a limited budget, we went to a place called Supercuts. Everything was great about our service and I can now see again.

That is, everything was fine until we got to the cash register. Having told the lady that we wanted to pay seperately for our haircuts, she then proceeded to charge me $53 for a haircut! Doing a double-take, I was like what?! And, apparently, it costs $30 to have your hair dried at this place. Well, who knew?! Seriously! I mean, it's a Supercuts!!! I cannot believe that people actually charge and demand $30 to dry hair. And of course, there were so many people waiting at the front of the salon, that Stephanie and I did not want to make a big scene. So, we sucked it up and paid the asking price.

Unfortunately, our goal of trying to find a budget-haircut place completely back-fired. Only in Hollywood would they ask $30 to dry hair. Seriously! What a nice way to say "Welcome to Hollywood!"

No comments: