When I was growing up, my mom used to joke about turning me into a "domestic goddess" whenever I cleaned or cooked. Since coming here, I have definately gotten the cleaning part down. (See previous blog about obsessive cleaning sprees!) However, I've often felt like I'll just never match up in the cooking arena. Part of that is because, there are two RCA volunteers who are currently engaged, and one who is married. The three of them do such an amazing job of cooking all the time for their guys. The thing is, I hardly even cook for myself anymore (partly because it's so hot now and I just don't want to eat hot food). Recently, I've thought, man, I will never match up to these lovely ladies in the kitchen when I get engaged.
That all ends today! I made a cake today for class 7A. That's right kids! I baked a cake. I can hardly believe it myself, except that I can smell it from where I'm sitting. Maybe I will turn out to be a domestic goddess after all...
2 comments:
yeah!! Domestic Goddesses!! You'll make such a lovely wife to some lucky young man someday. Cooking, cleaning, homeschooling your children till they're 25.
OH SNAP!!
OH SNAP! That sure does sound like the American Dream right there...
Post a Comment