On Monday, I officially started my second semester of teaching. That makes me feel almost triumphant! On one hand, I have made it halfway through the hardest year of teaching. I know all of the kids (mostly) and the great part about Al Raja is that next year, I'll probably have most of the same kids over again. That means I have a great rapport and will hopefully continue to have a great rapport with them. Plus, whenever I don't know their name, I just file through a list of 3-4 names: for boys (Moh'd, Ali, or Ahmed), and for girls (Fatima, Mariam, or Dana). It's a little easier than in the States, where I had such a large pool of names!
On the other hand, I'm getting to that time that I've often labeled the "February Blues." Yes, you can all feel free to make fun of me for this, but I'm freezing! We don't have central heating an I wear my coat all day long. I guess it's a lot like Michigan, except the lowest it's gotten here is the 40s or 50s. Yes, I can tell you are all mocking me right now...Anyway, I'm now feeling like I just don't have my act together and I'm not doing as good of a job as I could. That's such a frustrating feeling! I'm trying to do the best possible job, but sometimes, it just doesn't seem like my best is a very good job.
Luckily, I have the kinder to help me through! One of my KG1 classes is filled with little children that all kiss me on the cheek at the end of class every week. Awww, if that's not cute, I don't know what is!! I realize that they haven't always been the most fun, but they do warm my heart. Plus, now they're actually good for me. In fact, I almost feel smothered because they all want to sit on my lap, sit next to me, and just in general be with me. I think children might have sixth sense and just know when people around them need affirmation. That's why, when I get maulled by children hugging me at recess, I don't mind. I think we all need hugs. So here's a virtual hug all around.
1 comment:
oh snap! Virtual hugs!! Yeah!
Post a Comment